“The mission of the AIA 2030 Commitment is to support the 2030 Challenge and transform the practice of architecture in a way that is holistic, firm-wide, project based, and data-driven. By prioritizing energy performance, participating firms can more easily work toward carbon neutral buildings, developments and major renovations by 2030. ” AIA 2030 Commitment
AIA 2030 Commitment
Paul Poirier, AIA, LEED AP, Poirier + Associates Architects
Stacey White, AIA, LEED AP BD+C and O+M, Mode Associates
Bill Leddy, FAIA, LEED AP, Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects
Moderated panel organized to provide an overview of the AIA 2030 Commitment as well as how to use the 2030 Commitment as a transformative tool for the architect in designing buildings. The workshop provides a hands-on review of the process from the Firms Sustainability Action Plan (SAP), to basic modeling tools, reporting using the online Design Data Exchange (DDx) tool [Zero Tool] and the AIA commitment letter.
Following an Overview and Introduction to 2030, three CA Architecture Firm Principals with a significant history of using the 2030 Commitment will participate in a discussion of:
- How Firms are using 2030 DDx to measure their own firm portfolios, to improve their environmental leadership.
- How it provides a direct response to demand from local and state environmental goals.
- How the 2030 Commitment has become an integral part of their Firm culture.
- How it provided their Firms with design benchmarks and tools that have led to architectural excellence.
Information will be presented to give attendees all the information they need to allow them to participate in the collective leadership effort endorsed by the AIA and leverage the AIA 2030 Commitment tools in moving their Firms toward a responsible higher level of environmental performance and architectural excellence.
At the sessions end, participants will learn about how their Firms can elect to participate by following the steps to enroll in the AIA 2030 Commitment:
- Creating and Adopting a Firm Sustainability Action Plan
- Navigating the DDx
- Leverage DDx Reporting to Improve the Design Processes
- AIA 2030 Commitment Letter [Why we sign it.]
Earn 1.5 LU | HSW for attending
Click here to view the Power Point presentation in PDF format.