The AIACC sponsors two political action committees to support our advocacy efforts:
- California Architects for Livable Communities (CALC PAC) – solicits, receives and distributes political contributions to help support governmental officials who share the common goals and interests of the architectural profession.
- Architects Registered in California (ARC PAC) – solicits, receives and distributes political contributions to support or oppose state or local ballot measures.
These political action committees were created to support the legislative goals of the AIACC and the architectural profession in California. It is a separate fund maintained apart from AIACC dues.
Why contribute to a political action committee?
Consider it an investment in your bottom line. Whether it is a professional services tax on architectural services, a stock school plans proposal, or the legislative review of the Architect’s Practice Act, the California Legislature addresses issues that can cost you plenty. By contributing to CALC PAC, you help elect candidates that understand your business, and know and support the positions of the architectural profession.
Architecture is among the most highly regulated – and most complex-professions of any field. By sending in your contribution to CALC PAC, you raise the level of participation in the political process for all architects, and help elect a body of legislators that are knowledgeable and supportive of your political agenda and, most importantly, understand the complexities of your profession. Please join CALC PAC today by completing the form below.
Who Governs the AIACC’s PACs?
Both CALC PAC and ARC PAC are governed by the Capitol Forum Board. Members of this Board are appointed by the President of the AIACC and is overseen by the AIACC staff in accordance with California State law. The Forum Board is comprised of the following representatives:
- Capitol Forum Chair
- Four members of the Capitol Forum
- One member from the CALC PAC Fundraising Chairs
- AIACC President
- AIACC 1st Vice President/President-elect
- AIACC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs
- AIACC Vice President of Legislative Affairs
- AIACC Executive Vice President
Why Contribute to CALC PAC?
CALC PAC Contribution Form
Please complete and submit the form below or fax it to 916/442-5346. Contributions are not deductible for income tax purposes, but they are very important, so please give generously.