Please direct your attention to an important HR Law Webinar brought to you by the California Lawyer’s Association, COVID-19: Legal Implications for Employers During and After the Pandemic.
Important questions and topics will be discussed. Some of the issues include:
- Can an employer require employees to get tested?
- Is COVID-19 a serious health condition under the FMLA and, if not, what are employers’ obligations to reasonably accommodate under the FEHA?
- Can an employer force a sick employee to stay home?
- Do employers have to pay an employee who stays home and what are employers’ obligations regarding sick leave and/or paid time off?
- What are an employer’s obligations with regard to employees whose children’s schools are closed due to the outbreak and/or who are home caring for family members who either have the virus or are in at-risk populations?
- What is the government doing to assist employers and employees?
- What are the potential economic outcomes if the pandemic continues and what arechallenges employers may face if they need to conduct layoffs, etc.?