What is The Capitol Forum?
An Investment in the Architectural Profession
There are varying levels of participation in AIA CA’s advocacy program. Some AIA members feel their dues investment is enough, and others take a proactive position in support of AIA California’s advocacy effort. Your significant and sustained financial commitment to the Capitol Forum is enabling AIA CA to dramatically change its advocacy program. These resources will be used to will take a leading role in defining practice related issues and build a proactive legislative and regulatory agenda. We look forward to working with you as we begin to take action on issues that affect your practice and prosperity.
What are the Goals of the Capitol Forum?
- To advance a proactive, sustained, influential presence throughout Sacramento instead of reactively “throwing money” at issues that threaten our profession.
- To support state officials and candidates who understand the importance of our profession and its impact on business and the state’s economy.
- To conduct research, in-depth studies and analysis of issues that affect you, your practice and clients on a daily basis.
What has the Capitol Forum done?
- The Complex and Multi-Faceted Nature of School Constructions Costs: Factors Affecting California
- The Green Movement in the Building Industry
- Insurance for Residential Multi-family/Condo Projects
- Accessibility Codes and the California Architect
How Does the Capitol Forum Work?
By joining the Capitol Forum, you have the opportunity to work with your colleagues in establishing your profession’s legislative and regulatory agendas in Sacramento. Your support will also help fund new strategic partnerships with collateral organizations, as we conduct in-depth studies and analysis of issues that affect you, your practice and clients on a daily basis.